Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 Weight Maintenance Wrap Up- a normal weight is essential for me



Bye 2017. Good, not so great, and mostly okay. Living life at or near my "best weight" is essential.


LCHF, Paleo, mild- Keto, Time Restricted eating brought great weight control.  Obesity effects my physical, mental, and cuts to my core of my soul in a negative weight. Maintaining a normal weight is one of my top priorities. 

2017 fifth year of long term weight maintenance

I started measuring ketones so I could put some data behind my "mild keto" claim. I'm not sure if it helps me with weight maintenance or not, but certainly, it doesn't seem to hurt. Plus extra energy and all the early 30's feels. I'm 51. So there's that!

I had the lowest HA1c of the decade at 4.8 ng/mL. Whoooooo!!!!

I stopped eating most coconut products in an effort to eat more ancestral.


I survived a case of shingles. The singles anti-viral med works great for me. I'm fortunate.

I hit stairs and did some elevation sprinting. More push-ups, more standing from sitting without using my hands mobility. 

I had some fun travels and dug deeper into my family tree, connected with some newly discovered cousins.

I've had a truckload of fun with my Sea Glass hobby
So. Cal Sea Glass 
2018 is going to be a year of change.

I'm preparing mentally for having my teen (aka Jr. Family member) attend college in the fall of 2018.

Work will continue to be a fast paced and I'll need roll with it, flexibility 100% sort of environment. I've got 15+ years more to work. So I will learn, grow, flex as much as I do with my health and mobility. It's likely to be all about SKILZ. I'm up for it.

Life goes on, however, it's much easier for me to live life at a normal weight.
I see many accounts that you don't find happiness at your best weight or goal weight.

I'm happier  at my weight maintenance range

I feel the best 113-116 lbs.  Even up to 125, it's okay. I'm not okay above 125. At all.

I feel so much better. I've placed compulsive overeating, morbid obesity, Type 2 diabetes- all are in remission. Life for me is so much happier and easier. It's also much cheaper in not being sick as much and not having diabetes, migraines, aches and pains.

Onward 2018 is going bite me in the rump if I don't keep my food sobriety, including my weight in check. It's my truth, I own it.

Here's to 2018. Do what makes you happy and happier than before, even if it's not popular on social media.

I didn't have to run to keep in front of this wave. I stood, observed the biggest wave cycles, then took my best photos and this short film.

Onward. Happy Dry Feet 2018. From just beyond the soak zone. Glad to be away from the mile of denial, obesity, and binge eating. Almost 6 years. Feels good. Not going back.


6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful video!

    Do you have any food-template supportive people in real life? Or is most of your support through your online connections?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hils!!! I do have a small handful of in person support.

      Work: A Weston A Price follower who is a great help, and in my department. Other people who read here and support me. Most people do not and regularly tell me I'm killing myself . I’m not sick, I assure you. Many times they are projecting their own health. I can tell who got hoodwinked by propaganda films.

      I am a spell breaker: We are scientists so I whip out my phone and say I was killing myself in my before photo-YO. I list off my hs-CRP (6.8) almost dropped dead. So now that I"m hs-CRP 0.6 and low glucose.... lower blood pressure, normal weight. Talk to my iPhone photo.... This is a clear example of why you have to be happy yourself and know your biomarkers very well.

      LOL. I will wear size 6 dress pants for a 6th year in a row just to spite them. ;) JK. My supporters are there- bathroom & break room. It's nice to hear from them. I bring in Nom Nom Paleo cook books and Whole30 cookbooks to share. I continue to not bring anything to potlucks-simply to save money. Gotta send the teen to college. As a single head of household, I'm saving money everywhere I can. Not eating food except the food I bring myself keeps me slim and financially solvent in many ways.

      Community: I would say there are my neighbors and van poolers are fairly supportive. Friends, although many are going "Vegan" to save their health, the earth, and baby gray whales, and proclaim that I'm going to die soon from dietary fat/meat etc. Again, iPhone out remember what I looked like before? I hated myself, my life and binge ate out of the trash. All of that is history. My labs are great! Yes, my cholesterol (good and ratios) are high- but that is a good if you look at my Coronary calcium score. I also will toss in there that blood, manure, and bones are the key fertilizers. Well sourced meat is a bonus to crop land- bringing it back into its natural state.

      What is better a grass fed burger or a chemical s*ht storm veggie burger? Hmmmmm. My city has a Veggie Grill right next to a Burger Lounge. Thanks to the heavens for that. I really had physically crippling joint pain when I tried very low meat during my WW days. 350-400 Ibuprofens a year is a big sign. As was crying at the bottom of my townhome stairs.

      It was easier to just be very, very quiet. I am sad to see folks I know slip further into poor health. Some is reversible, some not. I pray these folks can find their motivation or rock bottom and act before it’s too late.

      In person conference folks- after the conference, the BEST! These are my people. They give me hope. I interact with them as much as possible.

      Online- MFP peeps are the best! Likes every 5 days, no BS. Facebook groups, also good.

      I’ve gotten way off your question but the large FB and online groups have “Meat Up’s” in most areas.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Karen - great as always. Here we are many years on from when we both started and both still with great medical results. I'm nowhere as good as you weight wise but still I have never regained my weight (only a little) and my HbA1c is well within normal range. I too was headed to full diabetic territory 6 years ago.

    Hopefully this year I can do better... I'd dearly love to lose the couple of kilos I'm not happy with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda!!! Yeah! Here we are. I think that you are a great example of weight maintenance. Keeping your HbA1c low and remaining disease free is so awesome!!!! The weight lost close to goal weight is my hardest weight to lose and maintain. It seems to take me 4-6 months just for 2-3 pounds. Ugh!!!! Anyway. Take care and Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. I love seeing your maintainence posts...so inspiring. Get stuff and a good roadmap o get others started.
    Lauren Romeo, MD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Romero!!!! My blog has a lot of traffic from my very, very old diet plan back in 2011. My hope is that some of them ditch the packaged foods and come over to a real food (mostly) for long term maintenance. Thank you for stopping by and Happy New Year!

      Delete